MCA Current News and Developments
MCA Drawing 6/18/2023 with Dave Morin and Wayne Adams, and in the background Peter Benard. MCA thanks everyone who purchased raffle tickets and everyone who donated items for the raffle. We plan to have a raffle for 2024 and are accepting donations of outdoor sporting items, local guided hunts and fishing charters, AirBnB getaways, gift cards, etc email [wayne "at" norco "dot" club ]
To promote, protect, and restore outdoor pursuits in Massachusetts including hunting, fishing, trapping, wildlife management, habitat and species management, public access, outdoor recreation and firearm ownership to the general end that the present and succeeding generations may continue to enjoy and to use these great natural resources.
To make sportsmen and women a powerful political voice by forming an alliance of sportsmen organizations with organizations sharing the MCA’s mission and values. Individually we are weak, but together we are strong. The Massachusetts Conservation Alliance was reformed in June of 2018. It originated from years of working with numerous sportsmen’s organizations on hundreds of different issues. The service and representation of our members is our absolute highest priority.
Our Commitment to MASSACHUSETTS
Sportsmen and women are the backbone of American fish and wildlife conservation. Together we have been responsible for the conservation and recovery of species across the country and have worked tirelessly to promote our deep-rooted traditions. Doing so means that we must stand together in our efforts to support science based fish and wildlife management and stand ready to defend our rights. If we want responsible – science based – management of our resources we must stand together! Based on extensive input from Massachusetts sportsmen and women, here are our goals and commitments:
- To educate the public concerning the American heritages of hunting, trapping and fishing
- To promote, support and expand opportunities for sport fishing and hunting throughout the Commonwealth
- To promote and explain field sports, wildlife conservation and scientific wildlife management practices through literature, films, the press, television, social media, the internet, and radio
- Promote and protect all fish and wildlife management tools necessary to conserve all species
- Proactive participation in legislative, regulatory, administrative and judicial policy-making decisions affecting Massachusetts’s natural resources and their uses
- Defend and protect the right of individuals to keep, use, and bear firearms
- To do any and all things· that are necessary for, or incident to, the purposes hereinbefore stated